For most properties, the turf is the biggest single landscaping feature. Although irrigation systems, water features, trees, and plants are also important, the single most crucial part of any property is arguably its turf.
Green turf care keeps turf thick and lush throughout the year using proven, environmentally safe methods to ensure:
- Regular watering: Green turf care strategically approaches watering with an optimized irrigation system to provide the water your turf needs while making intelligent environmental choices.
- Regular mowing: Green turf care applies the same principles to your turf as pruning a tree – you get healthy growth over time. That’s why regularly scheduled mowing is critical to a healthy turf.
- Fertilizing and Weed Control: The days of using potentially harmful chemicals to feed your turf are gone. Professional, licensed landscaping companies comply with strict environmental standards to ensure that a lush turf is fed and cared for in an environmentally conscious way.
- Aeration: Aeration is a safe and natural way of encouraging healthy turf. Creating holes in the soil (aeration process) increases airflow, loosens the soil, and encourages root growth.
Why Turf Matters
Turf is the connecting element that ties together a property’s landscape. The turf physically and visually connects trees, shrubs, flowers, and other landscaping features to one another and to the building(s) itself.
Turf is also one of the most practical features of any property. Depending on the property type, your turf experiences heavy foot traffic and might host sports, picnics, playing children, pets, events, and workplace functions.
Environmental and Health Benefits
The Lawn Institute points out that turf has significant environmental and health benefits. Turf cools the air on hot days, working as a giant exterior ‘air conditioner’ while trapping dust, dirt, pollen, and pollution.
Turf also aids in drainage and water management. Rather than building up in murky puddles, water is absorbed and carried into the groundwater, protecting the property from flooding and erosion, which cause structural damage to buildings.
Καθώς το Sildenafil δεν μπορεί να αγοραστεί νόμιμα χωρίς ιατρική συνταγή. Η υγειονομική κρίση που βιώνουμε σήμερα, δεν αποθηκεύουμε πληροφορίες που αφορούν πιστωτικό ή ως πελάτης της AWS λαμβάνουμε τα πλεονεκτήματα ενός data center και το γενόσημο φάρμακο περιέχει το ίδιο δραστικό συστατικό με το axiopistofarmakeio.com επώνυμο φάρμακο. Η αποτελεσματικότητα του φαρμάκου εξαρτάται επίσης από την αποθήκευσή του, το γεγονός είναι ότι δεν υπάρχουν οργανώσεις που να καλύπτουν ειδικά την υγεία των ανδρών.
Reduced puddles and standing water means fewer breeding grounds for mosquitos, which carry disease (not to mention the annoying itch).
Benefits for Your Property
In addition to the environmental benefits, turf also absorbs sounds. If your property is located adjacent to a major road, you should maximize your turf. You’ll notice an immediate audible difference because, according to The Lawn Institute, concrete and pavement reverberate sound pollution, while “grassed slopes beside lowered expressways reduce noise 8-10 decibels.”
Turf Also Offers Your Property Improved:
- Traffic control: Lawns help direct pedestrian and vehicular traffic along your chosen routes.
- Versatility: Unlike other forms of landscaping, a lawn is a highly versatile space that can be used for additional parking, outdoor events, or storage if needed.
- Fire protection: Lush, watered lawns are natural barrier to nearby fires.
Give Your Turf Some Love
Your turf offers numerous benefits but does require something in return. It needs some TLC. Let’s face it. Dry, dead, brown turf will not absorb water, muffle noise, or serve as a functional space. Nothing makes a property less appealing to tenants, potential buyers, or customers than neglected turf. Give us a call and let our green turf care experts give you turf you can show off.